SBA Paycheck Protection Loan
The United States recently passed the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act). This act allocates $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Also known as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses through SBA (Small Business Administration) approved lenders, like Sound Community Bank.
We’re pleased to accept applications for the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) in response to the current COVID-19 crisis. To complete an application, please review the information and follow the steps below.
Paycheck Protection Program Information
- Must meet eligibility requirements such as number of employees and business type – check the US Chamber of Commerce link below for more eligibility information
- Funds from these loans may be used for payroll, debt obligations incurred before February 15, 2020, employee salaries, mortgage interest, and rent
- Businesses may apply for up to 2.5 times their average monthly payroll
- A fixed-rate loan which doesn’t exceed an interest rate of 4%, regardless of business type
- There is no loan payment for the first 6 to 12 months
- Importantly, these loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward
- US Chamber of Commerce link: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/reports/coronavirus-emergency-loans-guide-and-checklist-small-businesses-and-nonprofits
Common Errors When Applying
Please review the most common errors when applying for the SBA PPP Loan here.
Applying for the SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loan
- Select Apply Now at the bottom. We suggest opening this link in a new tab so you may reference the instructions below, or click here to download a step-by-step guide with images. You must disable your browser's pop-up blocker. We recommend using Chrome as your browser as well.
- If you have not applied for a business loan before online, create a login, and sign in. Or, use your existing credentials (not the same as your Sound Community Bank Online Banking credentials) to log in once again.
- Select the SBA Loan Type.
- Complete the application. The bar at the top indicates your progress in the application and whether all required data is completed.
- If you already completed the SBA PPP Application, then upload it on the Documents tab of the application.
- If you have not completed the SBA PPP Application, then download the application and complete the application form(s) – both located on the Documents tab. Once complete, upload the file(s) within the Documents tab, save, and submit the application.
- Additional documents may be required to complete the application process. A Sound Community Bank representative will contact you within 24-hours of the submission and guide you through collection of these documents.
**Please note: additional documentation may be required following the submission of your PPP loan application**
Following Centers for Disease Control recommendations, our branches may operate on altered schedules. Please review the information below for up-to-date revised branch lobby, drive-up, and Interactive Teller machine hours and status.
Reminders if visiting a branch is necessary:
- If you do not feel well, are coughing, or are immunocompromised, please do not visit a branch
- If you are well enough to be around others, please practice six (6) feet of social distancing between you, our employees, and other clients
- Some branches may have tape on the ground or cones to queue the teller line – please respect these queues and distance yourself from others as much as possible
Revised Branch Hours
Last updated: Wednesday, March 25th, 12 PM
- Lobby Hours:
- Revised lobby hours are Monday through Friday, 11 AM to 3 PM for all branches
- Our Madison Park Loan Office is CLOSED
- Drive-Up Hours:
- Extended drive up hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 6 PM at Port Angeles, Sequim Village, and Mountlake Terrace (Cedar Plaza)
- Drive up hours at Port Ludlow are 10 AM to 5 PM
- Drive Up Hours at University Place are 9 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday Hours:
- Lobbies CLOSED on Saturday except by appointment (contact your local branch)
- Drive-up available 9:30 AM to 1 PM at branches typically open Saturdays and those with drive-ups
- Interactive Teller Machine Hours:
- Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 6 PM, and Saturdays 9:30 AM to 1 PM
- Special Circumstances & Closures:
- Madison Park Loan Office is CLOSED
Alternative Banking Options
With altered branch hours, ensuring we practice social distancing, and respecting the stay-at-home mandate from Governor Jay Inslee, we recommend you utilize alternative banking channels whenever possible.
- Find our alternative banking channels here
We are committed to serving and supporting clients experiencing quarantine, job loss, and loan payment hardship. If you are affected by COVID-19, unable to work, or under quarantine, we are here to assist. As your trusted financial advisor, work with us to build a custom solution to fit your needs should payment of your loan become a burden or you are in need of cash*
*All loans subject to credit and eligibility approval.
Safety of Your Deposits
For almost 70 years, you and your finances have always come first. We are FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) insured, remain a top-performing community bank, maintain a 5-star “Superior” safety and soundness financial rating from Bauer Financial, and continue to concentrate on serving our communities. After all, community is our middle name. Review these resources to learn more.
Resources to help you or your business find peace of mind.